Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Who cares what the fox says!

Welcome to your first day in the life of a stranger living in zoob Land.


A couple of months this song was introduced into the world. And for some reason I watched how this culture accepted it with open arms.I can't seem to wrap my head around that fact that all the zoobs here love this song??? Why is that?? I do not understand. Zoobs here are not intelligent  I do not mean academically smart, I mean common sense smart. 
There have been a phenomenal amount of people who love this song so much that there have been BYU students who have dressed up to mimic Ylvis to a BYU football game. I have always had to ask...         
WHY?
I will let you first see or probably re-see the music video for the full effect. Here it is...






Explain why all the humans dressed up, in animal costumes, are in the forest doing some ritualistic dance as if there were doing witchcraft.  And how does the fox communicate to the horse? Hello?!? there is something wrong here.

This song has exploded in popularity. When I listen to it and when I watch it I cannot help but look completely dumbfounded. This song is completely, 100%, just downright, stupid. There is no intelligence here. In fact, I feel as if I am losing my own brain cells by just dropping to their level. The producers were on crack to have created this video.  I do NOT understand how there could possible be 226 million views on this video alone. This is on the same level as the PBS T.V. series Teletubbies or Boohbah:


                                                                                         
                                                   
                              
A type of entertainment for the extremely young between the ages of 2-6. Because at 7, the child has grown out of it and moved on to Disney's Phineas and Ferb:


Or sometimes, if I am in a good mood, I might say that, maybe, it would qualify for a children picture book. Let me read you some lyrics:

Dog goes "woof"
Cat goes "meow"
Bird goes "tweet"
And mouse goes "squeak"
Cow goes "moo"
Frog goes "croak"
And the elephant goes "toot"
Ducks say "quack"
And fish go "blub"
And the seal goes "ow ow ow"

But there's one sound
That no one knows
What does the fox say?

"Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!"
What the fox say?

"Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!"
What the fox say?

"Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!"
What the fox say?

"Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Tchoff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!"
What the fox say?

Big blue eyes
Pointy nose
Chasing mice
And digging holes
Tiny paws
Up the hill
Suddenly you're standing still
Your fur is red
So beautiful
Like an angel in disguise
But if you meet
A friendly horse
Will you communicate by
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
How will you speak to that
Ho-o-o-o-orse?
Ho-o-o-o-orse?
Ho-o-o-o-orse?

What does the fox say?

"Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!"
What the fox say?

"Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!"
What the fox say?

"A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!"
What the fox say?

"A-oo-oo-oo-ooo!
Woo-oo-oo-ooo!"
What does the fox say?

The secret of the fox
Ancient mystery
Somewhere deep in the woods
I know you're hiding
What is your sound?
Will we ever know?
Will always be a mystery
What do you say?

You're my guardian angel
Hiding in the woods
What is your sound?
(Wa-wa-way-do Wub-wid-bid-dum-way-do Wa-wa-way-do)
Will we ever know?
(Bay-budabud-dum-bam)
I want to
(Mama-dum-day-do)
I want to
I want to know!             
  [ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/ylvis-what-does-the-fox-say-lyrics.html ]

A good friend of mine is in a Motion Pictures Essential class and the question was raised "Why is 'What does the fox say?' so popular?" when discussing how to create a good plot. His answer "They are prying on the stupid of our society." I honestly can't see why anyone who is educated would like this song. There is nothing uplifting about it. Yes, it is clean but also has no substance. Good things will last, but the stupid will be forgotten.

Here in zoob land, it is popular and I cannot see as to why. We are taught to become an educated, diverse, cultured people. We need to rise above the dumb things of this world.

So I want to pose the question...what does the zoob say?

No comments:

Post a Comment